When choosing your windows with the styles and colours it can be easy to get bogged down in all the specifications. The same applies when trying to decide whether you want double or triple glazing. Any window from Plan-it Windows is sure to keep your house cosy and comfortable throughout the year, especially as they meet the latest building regulations for thermal insulation. We offer both double glazing and triple glazing, both of which will keep the heat within your home and save you money on your energy bills; but which do you choose? Read on for benefits of either choice!
- Triple glazing is a fantastic option for those considering longevity for their investment. One of the best features of triple glazing is that because it creates 2 vacuums within the 3 panes of glass, reducing the rate of heat transfer by convection. Essentially, your warm air is trapped in for longer and colder air struggles to get in reducing your energy bills and improving the energy efficiency of your home.
- In addition, because of the extra vacuum created, sound energy has a harder time permeating though the panes of glass; great if you live on the main road or a busy area and want to drown out some of that unwanted noise for some peace and quiet!
- Finally, with an extra pane of glass being present in the frame of triple-glazing windows, unwelcome intruders will have a harder time breaking through due to increased structural strength. With the added durability, you can be rest assured that your windows will provide security and safety for you, your loved ones and your possessions.
If you’re still on single paned glass windows, you’ll find you’re constantly in a ping pong battle with your thermostat to try and keep the house warm; having the obvious adverse effect of costing more in energy bills.
- Double glazing is a great choice to not be overlooked because unlike triple glazing because it allows some heat in whereas triple glazing reflects it away. Double glazing can harness more of the suns energy and can be a natural source of heat while also having a vacuum to retain heat better than single paned windows, reducing heat loss – a good in-between if you’re unsure if you want triple glazing or double glazing.
- One key advantageous feature of double-glazing windows especially for older homes, is that because it weighs a lot less in comparison to triple glazing; it will put less pressure on your home to withstand the weight and hold it in place. Triple glazing could lead to more frequent maintenance work required on your home so double glazing is a great alternative to triple glazing and an in between middle ground that has its merits.
Get more advice on your windows.
Triple and Double glazed windows Specialists in Bolton, Manchester and throughout the North West
Plan-It Windows began its trading life supplying and fitting doors and replacement windows to the good folk of Bolton. Almost a decade later we have our very own window and door showroom, and our range has expanded to include conservatories, orangeries, aluminium bi-folding doors, solid roof conservatory systems and roofline products.
Our dedicated team strive for excellence and always put the customer’s vision first. Using only high-quality products, our reliable service speaks volumes as demonstrated by previous customer experiences. For further expert advice, don’t hesitate to get in touch for a free quote or give us a call on 01204 373203.
Our customers are saying great things
Really friendly & really efficientSuffered a burglary and so needed new French doors ASAP, received a flyer through the door the week before which was lucky, gave them a call, really friendly, really efficient and cheap too, they did...
Miss McDonald – Darcy Lever
Very thorough & very friendlyGreat set of lads, very thorough and very very friendly, straight forward explained everything dead simple, no fancy jargon or strategies, just good customer service and real easy. Windows look great and the bi-fold is...
Mr & Mrs McCormack – Astley Bridge
Everything spot onBuilt 3 houses, was recommended Plan-it by a friend of the family, gave them a try and will be using them again. No hassle, left them too it, everything spot on. Houses look great.
Mr Hilton – Tong Moor
Over the moon with the installationA friend told me about the service from Plan-it and I give them a ring. They came on time and didn’t take ages, price was really really good and we are over the moon with...
Mr Hynes – Bolton
The quality and standard is excellentI wouldn't hesitate to recommend Plan-It Windows. They installed replacement windows, panes and a complete front door. The quality and standard is excellent. The team was friendly and very professional. Everything was left clean and...
I would highly recommendEveryone from Plan-It Windows has been helpful, polite and prompt. I am very happy with the windows that Pete and Dave installed. They did a very neat and tidy job and were pleasant company throughout...
I am very pleased with the work doneI am very pleased with the work done. Professional team, quick quote and great customer service. Reasonable prices. I would recommend this company and would be happy to use them in the future.
Start your project with Plan-it
A committed team of suppliers and installers, we have over 20 years’ worth of expert knowledge and experience in the North West’s residential sector. Plan-it Windows are wholeheartedly dedicated to delivering a jargon free, supportive and tailor-made service to each and every customer.
Start your project
"*" indicates required fields
Fantastic service, replaced all the doors, windows and roofline on our old house and did a great job. High quality and great value. Got them to do the roofline and cladding on our new home and again excellent workmanship and great value. Can’t recommend enough.