When choosing your windows with the styles and colours it can be easy to get bogged down in all the specifications. The same applies when trying to decide whether you want double or triple glazing. Any window from Plan-it Windows is sure to keep your house cosy and comfortable throughout the year, especially as they meet the latest building regulations for thermal insulation. We offer both double glazing and triple glazing, both of which will keep the heat within your home and save you money on your energy bills; but which do you choose? Read on for benefits of either choice!
- Triple glazing is a fantastic option for those considering longevity for their investment. One of the best features of triple glazing is that because it creates 2 vacuums within the 3 panes of glass, reducing the rate of heat transfer by convection. Essentially, your warm air is trapped in for longer and colder air struggles to get in reducing your energy bills and improving the energy efficiency of your home.
- In addition, because of the extra vacuum created, sound energy has a harder time permeating though the panes of glass; great if you live on the main road or a busy area and want to drown out some of that unwanted noise for some peace and quiet!
- Finally, with an extra pane of glass being present in the frame of triple glazing, unwelcome intruders will have a harder time breaking through due to increased structural strength. With the added durability, you can be rest assured that your windows will provide security and safety for you, your loved ones and your possessions.
If you’re still on single paned glass windows, you’ll find you’re constantly in a ping pong battle with your thermostat to try and keep the house warm; having the obvious adverse effect of costing more in energy bills.
- Double glazing is a great choice to not be overlooked because unlike triple glazing because it allows some heat in whereas triple glazing reflects it away. Double glazing can harness more of the suns energy and can be a natural source of heat while also having a vacuum to retain heat better than single paned windows, reducing heat loss – a good in-between if you’re unsure if you want triple glazing or double glazing.
- One key advantageous feature of double glazing especially for older homes, is that because it weighs a lot less in comparison to triple glazing; it will put less pressure on your home to withstand the weight and hold it in place. Triple glazing could lead to more frequent maintenance work required on your home so double glazing is a great alternative to triple glazing and an in between middle ground that has its merits.
Triple and Double glazed windows Specialists in Bolton, Manchester and throughout the North West
Plan-It Windows began its trading life supplying and fitting doors and replacement windows to the good folk of Bolton. Almost a decade later we have our very own local showroom, and our range has expanded to include conservatories, orangeries, aluminium bi-folding doors, solid roof conservatory systems and roofline products.
Our dedicated team strive for excellence and always put the customer’s vision first. Using only high-quality products, our reliable service speaks volumes as demonstrated by previous customer experiences. For further expert advice, don’t hesitate to get in touch for a free quote or give us a call on 01204 373203.